Simcha Layeled’s National Service Staff coordinate activities in dozens of pediatric wards, in both hospitals and rehabilitation centers across Israel.
- Kabbalat Shabbat on Friday afternoons – the volunteers go from one room to another with musical instruments, singing and bringing joy and happiness to children who are required to remain in hospitals even during weekends, due to their illness.
- Taking care of sick children during their hospitalization, depending upon each child’s needs and in coordination with the ward's supervising director.
- Birthday parties for each of the children.
- Enrichment courses and group activities, such as history/geography, cooking/baking, arts & crafts, computers and videos.
- Holiday celebrations and special events, such as Hanukah, Purim, and Tu B’shvat.
- Decorating the wards according to the seasons, bringing life to and bright colors into the hospitals.
- Departmental trips. Daily encounters between the medical staff and the children, as well as among the children themselves, revolve almost exclusively around medical treatments, and result in a great deal of tension and pressure. Because of this, we see tremendous importance in organizing trips and daily tours for the children and their families, as well as the staff, so that they can enjoy activities together that emphasize happy experiences and pleasant interaction.
- Shaare Tzedek
- Hadassah Ein Kerem
- Hadassah Har Hatzofim
- Schneider Children’s
- Assaf Harofe
- Tel Hashomer
- Medical Center Nahariya
- Assuta Ashdod
More than 7,000 children and their families are able to take advantage of our activities every year.